Frequently Asked Questions
- This doesn't look too hard. Lots of people set up their own independent businesses. Why do I need MicroHUNT?
It's not hard. Anyone can do it and you're right, lots of people have done it many times before. There is no secret sauce. What we're offering is freedom and expertise, your freedom to ply your trade and make your clients happy and our expertise in taking these non-productive but critically important tasks off your plate and getting them done for you ... quickly, painlessly and at an affordable cost to you.
- You offer a lot of different services. Do I need them all at once? Do I need them all over time?
No and no. We offer a lot of different services because there are many different tasks involved in setting up and running a business. If you're just starting out, we require only two (2) services ... 1) Creating your sole proprietorship and "dba" and 2) Determining your industry code and any state business licenses and fees. That's all you need to be a "real" business in business. All other services are optional and you can pick and choose as many or as few as you need in any combination you like.
- Why are your services offered for South Carolina businesses only? What about other states or regions? Why not North Carolina?
Because South Carolina is our home and we've gained extensive experience setting up, operating and growing our own small businesses in South Carolina for over 15 years. If necessary, we will consider adding new states and regions to our service coverage. Our neighbors to the north would certainly be a logical target for an eventual expansion.
- Why just sole proprietorships? What if I need a partnership or a corporation?
Partnerships, limited liability companies (LLC) and corporations are beyond our scope. Those business structures need professional legal, accounting and tax advice. Partners need detailed master partnership agreements as well as individual partner contracts. Corporations require strict legal filings plus boards of directors, the issuance of stock, formal meeting minutes and resolutions as well as other formalities beyond our knowledge and ability. We're just not set up to handle anything but sole proprietorships, the most common form of new small business.
- If I let you do all these things for me, I'm concerned I won't remember what to do or where to go or even how to log on when I'm on my own. You're not going to just leave me with nothing, are you?
Absolutely not. Every MicroHUNT client receives a detailed Fact Sheet listing every piece of information you need to conduct your business on your own. Every bank account number, every credit or debit card number, every web site URL, every username and password combination, every name, address and phone number of any other representatives whom you'll need to work with, everything. You'll get printouts of every confirmation page we collect and you'll get any original correspondence we may have handled for you. In short, you will have the most complete set of information you need to begin running your new business by yourself.
- What will you do with all my confidential information? You're not going to share it with anyone or sell it without my consent, are you?
- What if I'm not happy with your service? Do you have a refund policy?
Yes, we do. If you're not satisfied with any of our services and we can't somehow solve the problem to your liking, we will give you a full refund for that service. If you give us a chance to fix it and we can't, then your money is returned to you with no questions asked and no hard feelings. We want you to feel like you've gotten the best value you could for the money you spent. If that's not the case, then we'll return it to you.